sábado, 23 de agosto de 2008

Spreading wings

There we go. Arpex is spreading its wings. I like the picture. Looks good to me. Reminds me of a fighter jet. But when I think of the steps which lead to this stage, I remember the albatross... Nevermind.

The beauty is only skin deep, though. Unfortunately. This sort of construction takes a well thought out, and well built, structure. It will have to sustain a couple of things, and withstand some weird forces. What I call the "structure", would be the bones, built of solid freijó wood. The 6mm plywood makes the "skin" - which will then be glassed over. Which helps keeping it together. But the bones are the essential.

Luiz Fernando started streching the skin... And will now retro-fit the bones. I'm not too happy with that kind of approach. It is not what we agreed to do, either. Which is why we had some swell hitting the docksides today...

But, well,... at least we can look at the structure growing into our real world now. Funny how it ressembles the object of my dreams.

Nenhum comentário: