It is not like he isn't doing anything. He is. But it is just painfully slow! He works just enough to keep me from busting. This week he has glued all ant-skid panels, on the decks, cabin-roof and even on the akas. Next step is taping the panels to apply the finishing bog, between the panels. The bog will then be sanded, and then painted... Oh, boy! It takes time.
I'm doing a couple of other jobs in the meantime. Small, and terribly tiring jobs, I admit. Like producing a small wooden cleat, and fixing it on a rear frame. Its sole purpose is to fix the double block, which will bundle the steering cables from the quadrant. Of course I should have produced and fixed it before closing the deck. But I didn't. For punishment, my sweat was poured in buckets. Working in a hot, confined space really got me thinking, that I'm happy to be relatively physically fit. It was quite an endurance test. And it is just a cleat. Can you find it in the picture below? I don't think anybody will ever see it again. ... And I still would have to epoxi coat it... And make no mistake; I will coat it.
I have also started to build the decks between the akas. Its total with is 180cm. One segment (80cm) will be a sandwich, with ply and foam. Another (100cm?) one will be only wood. However the weight penalty for the all wood part is quite significant. The wood of choice would be Ipê, which weights very heavily. Nevertheless; a part of the deck will be all-wood. I just have to decide how much...
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário