quarta-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2013
5 years building Arpex
The other day I took a few minutes and picked out one picture out of each weekly folder of my construction pictures. All pictures I took during construction are saved according to the date they were taken. In that way I have one folder for every day I spent building my boat.
Even if not much time has been spent during the selection, I did it rather "quick and dirty", I have tried to pick pictures which were taken from the same perspective, which was not always possible. Nor did I have a suitable picture in all of the folders. Which means that some of the building dates are not represented. The result was a selection of around 100 images, which I then transformed into this short, 3 minute movie, which shows the transformation occurred in 5 years of construction time.
I admit that I often marvel, and feel surprised even, when I look at the object which was built with little more than basic line plans for the hulls. Funny; it looks exactly how I had it in my mind... One day, in not to far distant future, I hope to finish this clip with the pictures of Arpex, floating in its element.
To make it more entertaining, I have added a little song to it. I hope the artists, Café del Mar, will excuse this non-commercial use.
If, however, your country does not allow these type of movies, then try this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uxTJ4YAvZA
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário