Too hot for laminating, too hasty. A fail is the result. Just plain and bloody waste of time and material.
After a lot of thought, I decided to fix another pvc tube to the under side of the akas. They are supposed to help attach the wooden deck between the akas. But since painting is approaching, I wanted it done fast. The result is a lot of time and sweat spent for nothing. The flaming heat in the boatshed did its part to facilitate tthe tragedy. The epoxi was curing in half its stated pot life, there was not enough time to apply the bog, to soak the glass cloth, ... things got out of hand,... and suddenly I was looking at disaster with my lamination.
The only good thing is that in the moment of truth I saw the disaster coming, and aborted everything. I pulled out the pvc tube with glass cloth, epoxi bog and all, just shortly before it all solidified. Because if it had all glued to the akas, then I would have a major issue in my hands. And I tell you; the epoxi went off like a firecracker!
The way it ended, I just lost a day and some material. And the only real advance for the day, was that I sanded and faired the end caps of the akas (above).
sábado, 2 de fevereiro de 2013
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário