
The latest messages from the project have not been very positive. And, I have to admit, all the difficulties (and there have been lots of them) have made it hard to maintain the motivation and drive. And in this context, I want to thank to all those who have sent me messages of support and encouragement. Getting this support and appreciation is a great benefit of keeping this blog.
However, despite all the challenges, I'm not considering giving up just yet. I'm actually just starting to get used to them.
I have already started to look for new sheds. One of them is within São Cristóvão Club, which has an area that functions like some sort of amateur boatbuilder condominium. This is my preferred option. But it seems that it is difficult to get a vacancy at the moment. There is still hope, though. And there is one other option which I'm prospecting, but it is far from the water.
I am also already sourcing transport for the boathull and material. The transport involves some bureaucracy... of course, I live in Brazil!!! This will, in the best case, take a full day to get over with... I guess that is the worst aspect of all this business!
Else from that, I'm eager to get to the next phase. Luiz Fernando is, thankfully, moving on with the lamination. The weather is hot and dry. Ideal conditions for epoxi work. If he maintains the mood, we might have a laminated hull until the weekend. Therefore, if I can sort out an appropriate location, we could be moving on as soon as Saturday. But it might just as well have to wait for the next week.
It will be good to get out of this mess, and get up and running again. With solid gound to treat on.
Wikipedia: Water treading is an aspect of swimming that involves a swimmer staying in a vertical position in the water whilst keeping his or her head (at least) above the surface of the water. Treading water provides the swimmer an opportunity to keep the head from becoming submerged while not providing sufficient directional thrust to overcome momentum and propel the swimmer in any specific direction.
2 comentários:
well, my friend, you know what they say? when treading water and it reaches your lips, don't open your mouth. :-)
I really hope it improves. I can't wait to see this boat when it's finished. It's an exciting project.
Hey! I've heard about that. That's a good piece of advise - I guess... ;-)
But, on the other hand, if I had followed all the advise I've got until now, I wouldn't even have taken the jump into the water... Now, one could argue that I would be much better off then... or? oh, well...
;-)))
You know everything has a good side. The situation can just improve! Thinking about it, I really shouldn't say this... :-/
BTW: Glad to see you're close to launching.
Peter
Postar um comentário