
These dimensions are more towards what we are really building.
I had thought about a dagger- or centerboard, but left it, due to the complications regarding the interior cabin-space, and growth of barnicles in the board-slot. The water in our bay is rather dirty, and barnicle growth is a problem. I'm considering a copper-epoxi paint for protection. Need to find a source for the copper powder...
I did not consider a transom hung rudder for eastetic reasons. And;
Aleguá, the first boat I sailed on, my fathers, had a transom hung rudder. I loved the boat. But for some reason, I allways envied the boats that had inside rudders... Like, ... real boats had inside rudders. Hardly a well founded, reasonable motivation to build the rudder I will build... I know... but what can I do? I have to nourish some of my childhood frustrations while I build my childhood dream. Just to keep the ballance. A sort of "I want it, because I want it" argumentation...
I had thought about a dagger- or centerboard, but left it, due to the complications regarding the interior cabin-space, and growth of barnicles in the board-slot. The water in our bay is rather dirty, and barnicle growth is a problem. I'm considering a copper-epoxi paint for protection. Need to find a source for the copper powder...
I did not consider a transom hung rudder for eastetic reasons. And;
Aleguá, the first boat I sailed on, my fathers, had a transom hung rudder. I loved the boat. But for some reason, I allways envied the boats that had inside rudders... Like, ... real boats had inside rudders. Hardly a well founded, reasonable motivation to build the rudder I will build... I know... but what can I do? I have to nourish some of my childhood frustrations while I build my childhood dream. Just to keep the ballance. A sort of "I want it, because I want it" argumentation...
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário