Following a request by Creed, from the Ethnic Catamaran Company, see a few images which ilustrate the general layout of Arpex. They are not exact plans, but rather something going towards an artist view. They are PowerPoint developments, which I have drawn over the plans which I received from the Naval Architecht. I have posted them before.The above shows a side- and stern view of the boat. The rig is a adapted Wharram rig - here shown with the first reef tucked in.
And below is a seagullseye view. The image is a bit dated, since I have eliminated the ringframes. Instead I will have the crossbeams going across the main hull, to have a more conservative structural solution. Shure, this will ruin a good part of precious cabinroom. But it is the price I have to pay for some piece of mind. The solution that the NA gave me, with the beams attached to an intermediary aka structure, just didn't convince me. The crossbeams will not be as massive as shown here on the picture (20x15cm), and are slightly more apart from each other - actually 220 cm.
To all those new readers a short description of the requirements regarding the livability:
- sitting headroom in the cabin
- confortable double bed (in the leepod, 70cm, and extendable into the mainhull, +40cm = 110cm)
- confortable navigation table with view forward
- inside steering position, from the navigation table
- two sitting positions, in row
- small "heads" (in the back of the cabin)
- room for an icebox
- minuscule room to store a camping stove and cooking stuff
- generous outside living space, on the aka deck, where most living will take place
All this is thought to provide a platform for an extended weekend cruise, not a luxurious cruiser with plenty of inside space.
Um comentário:
love it! but why a fixed rudder and keel rather than boards? what's the planned displacement?
Postar um comentário