domingo, 5 de outubro de 2008

Crossing continued

This time I was positively suprised.

After the cryptice message I got on the phone, I was prepared for the worst. I started calling for options to store the boat - a new shed... I thought new crew was required. Urgently.

But, upon getting to the boatbuilding shed, I found Luiz Fernando quite well humored. A bit out of breath, that's right. But he was well humored and positive.

After brief greetings, I found out he had not only executed the activites we had agreed upon, but had already started lamination of the hull. He had done 1/4 of the hull.

The problem was - and this was what he was eager to talk about - his epoxi alergy... Luiz Fernando was stuck by an epoxi intoxication ... He was rather incommodated by this. And so was I. He had started lamination on Thursday, whith an intention to surprise me positevely. And so he did. The negative side was the unitentional side effect.

Well,... I orderd masks, gloves, protection suits, and whatever other IPE can be found for lamination jobs. I shure don't want to ruin Luiz Fernando's health with the building of this boat!



The panels for tha ama are cut out. I think the ama seems rather small. But, that's how it is. If it proves to small, I'll build a bigger one.

The keel is fixed and is being moulded.

I have not written about Bugre, the dog. Bugre is Luiz Fenrnado's dog. He is about 195 years old. His favorite past-time is to sit right where we need to work.

4 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Damn, she's looking good. SO much progress recently.

Enter Miles disse...

Thanks!
Yes. Much needed progress... ;-)
Peter

Aotearoa disse...

vocês deviam estar usando todo esse equipamento desde o ínicio(em verdade, sempre que trabalhar com epóxi).
infelizmente, não é um efeito colateral, é uma alergia à resina. uma vez sensibilizado, pra sempre alérgico. dá para trabalhar, mas sempre na armadura e mesmo assim incomoda.
cuidado principalmente ao lixar epóxi ainda não completamente curado.

Enter Miles disse...

Na verdade o Luiz Fernando sempre trabalha com equipamento de proteção (20 anos de experiência). Eu também sempre peço para ele tomar as devidas precauções. Mas, desta vez, o filtro estava gasto. Diz ele. Compramos um outro, novo.