sábado, 11 de outubro de 2008

And now for something completely different...

This boatbuilding has been a rollercoaster ride. Just when I thought that Luiz Fernando had gotten the grip on himself, I find myself confronted with a sudden turnaround. A down-ward turn...

It starts to sound silly, I know. I have been pondering whether I should publish all these ups and downs, twists and turns. Makes this project, me, look a bit foolish, I think. However, at some point I have commited to write the story of this boatbuilding project just as I see, and feel it. Please note that I didn't write "the true story". Later someone else might tell me what the truth of the whole story was... Or maybe I'll read the blog in a couple of years, and chose my own truth. Ok,... that's why I'm writing this blog in the first place.

Fact is that the situation with my boatbuilder has become unsustainable. I will not go into the details, but the "boatbuilding canoe" is making water, sinking, rather quickly. I'm not sure whether I, we, will accomplish the lamination before I'll have to move the boat to another place. I hope that we will. I'm quite sad about the situation. But honestly, I'm running out of options right now. Therefore I will have to commit my time to building up new options. First I need a new shed. In a second step I'll have to see how exactly I will get the "manhours". Maybe they will be mine, maybe somebodyelse's.

..............

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

oh shit. that's bad news.

Enter Miles disse...

You bet!