domingo, 14 de setembro de 2008

Arpex

The objective of this comming week is to close the hull, treat it with anti-fungus and anti-bug product, and get a first coat of epoxi on. This first coat penetrates deeply into the wood and makes the wood "hairy", in a way that it nicely holds the fiberglass cloth for the first lamination.

We should apply 3 layers of glass, 4 in critical areas. We want to do that in one day. After applying the first layer, we wait until the epoxi cures just enough to be still sticky. This is when we put on the second layer. This way we should obtain optimal bonding between layers. This is the recommendation form the epoxi producers.

I plan to take a couple of days off from work during next week to be able to be there and help Luiz Fernando in the process. It should be a crucial step in the construction, and I want to be there when it happens. Having an additional hand (my hand in this case) will also be fundamental for the job.

The question is, whether I'll be able to take these days off...? I've been assigned to a critical project in my company. The environmental licensing of the pre-operational steel-milling complex. The licensing process has an important milestone meeting on monday. I'll have to wait until after the meeting, to see what my boss wants me to do after that. Hope he can spare me for a couple of days...

Nenhum comentário: