But this is unlikely to happen during this weekend. Rain and moderate wind is more likely. I am not totally sure, though, that the homecoming trip will happen this weekend. The reason is, that there are still a few little things to do on the boat. Specially in terms of making it fit for sailing. I am talking about the placement of cleats, for example.But I also need a stainless steel fixed point on the mast, above the boom, in order to "hang" the boom from there.
The reason for not having done this yet, is, that I want to see the sails rigged to the mast, in order to find the ideal positions. The margin for error would else be too big. So I left this for last.
But today the sails will be delivered. I am thrilled about that. The prospect of hoisting a sail and feel the boat move to the pressure, is very exciting! Howeverr, my joy of anticipation, is mixed with moments of doubt and fear. Maybe things will come all crashing down on my head? Maybe the boat breaks, and sinks to the bottom of the Bay, in a tragic show down? Like the famous "Wasa", in Sweden?
Hell! We will have to see. I'll just try to keep my calm.
If the boat breaks, I will cut it into pieces and distribute it as a gift to my family and friends. Maybe make furniture out of it.
But maybe she flies, after all. We will see.
I am completely aware, that there are little jobs still to do. As we left the shed, the plan was to do these at the Mooring at Urca Beach. But the truth is, that things are infinitely easier to do while in the club. If not in the shed, but then at least at the pier. Access to shore-power is the most evident advantage. But being able to walk off the boat, to get some material from the storage-room. Or just having lunch at the bar. Or having a chat with someone on the pier, to talk through problems, that need solving. That makes the solution of jobs much easier.
So I am trying to do the most urgent things for which I need the shore power, and access to heavy tools, today still. Since I have to pick my tide window to exit the Fundao Channel, because of the bridges, I would have to leave latest until 1:30pm. I am not sure I can finish the tasks I had planned for. If not, I will just transfer the boat tomorrow, on Sunday. Start of summer. Very appropriate.
Also, Adri wants to join for the transference of the boat to its mooring. And tomorrow is more convenient for her. My Uncle Roland, is also arriving from Germany. Maybe we will all join. So all points into the direction of giving it a go out of the Club, by tomorrow.

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário