A good moment to make a short review, and a lookout to the future.
What has been started as a personal write up, a documentation of my boatbuilding and arts interests, for an imaginary public, has become something I have never really aimed for. What surprises me most, is the crowd that the blog attracts every day. Yes, you guys, who regularly drop in to check on construction progress, and what other stuff I have been cooking up. In these four years, this blog has been accessed almost 100.000 times! It'll be 97.700 hits sometime today, to be precise. Before the end of this year, I should greet the round number. More recently, the average has been around 70 to 80 hits per day. Sometimes even 100...
To be honest, I feel it as a great compliment. Your interest gives me motivation. And I often receive good comments, which help in the construction and in many ways. Therefore, I'd like to sincerely thank you all for sharing these four years with me.
I'm not sure what the future holds for this blog. For now, I have kept it as a very private affair, just as if it really still were my private documentation room. This means that I also have refused to install commercial advertisements, and other forms of income generation. I might not yet be ready for this, or maybe I just never found that this would add any value to the blog. Frankly speaking, I do sometimes reflect on the possibilities generated by the exposure of this space. Not financial ones, but rather related to the support of a different sort of project. Just haven't found the right model yet. And maybe I'll just stick to the current model. Or maybe all the posting will be over, once my boat hits the water. That will be the hit I'm really looking forward to. And I recon you guys do too.

5 comentários:
I do hope you keep blogging after your boat is launched. There are plenty of building blogs around but not enough about sailing one of these.
Good to hear that, Gary.
Many thanks!
Parabéns!
Cheguei aqui por acaso, mas nada é por acaso nessa vida!
Que tenha muitos anos na blogosfera!
Seu blog vale a pena!
Abraços
I agree with Gary. Keep it up!
Hey guys, thanks!
Anyway, the good news is, that in any which way, the construction will still give enough content to post for a while...
Thanks
Postar um comentário