This saturday started with a good portion of rain. Right now, at 8:45 am, it is still drippling after a heavy downpour earlyer on. This ruins my plans to laminate some glass over the reinforced bottom around the mast step. Also other activities involving epoxi gluing are unlikely to happen today. So, I'm taking it easy for now.This gives me opportunity to browse through my old picture files. My computer is filled up by my personal pictures, taken along the years. And I am making it a habbit, to digitalize old photo prints. Having these at an arms lenght, on my external hard drive memories, offers a fabulous opportunity to regularly remember my past travels and adventures. And dream of, mentally wander around, and eventually plan new ones.
Above a picture of the Museu National, in Brasilia. In the evening light the building adopts a purple colour, that matches its saturnal looks.
I took these pictures during a image production job for the Conde Nast Traveler Magazine. During 5 days I scouted all of Brasilia, with American photographer Andy Moore and his assistant. The job suited me well, since I had lived during one year in Brasilia. I never liked the place much, except for its architecture, and the abundant trumpet trees, which cover the city in purple and yellow color during August.
Here is an image I took in the center of power of the Brazilian government. It is the hall in the Palácio do Planalto. The President has his working rooms at the end of the helicoidal ramp. This Palace is a masterpiece, designed by the architect Oscar Niemeyer. It is a beatiful and fascinating place, I found. The emptyness and vastness of its halls ooze greate dignity and power.Unfortunately, the current holders of the jobs in these rooms, do not stand up to the standards dictated by the architecture around them - exept for the emptyness, maybe.
In two weeks we will hold presidential elections in Brazil. And all indicates, that most Brazilians think, that all the moral and ethical misery, along with administrative incompetence displayed by currently governing political class, is the normal state of affairs, tolerable, even disireable. Speaches that openly oppose truth and logic are openhardedly cheeredby the masses.
To me this situation is frankly upsetting. I don't like to be lied on, in the open TV network, during the News. The prospects that someone who carries such great responsibility for the health and wealth of my society, who has powers to cut my freedom, that he can get away with sloppy explanations that openly agress the truth - that is upsetting. Where the hell are the legal institutions, who should be resposonsible for enforcing clean rules to the game?
This is not a political blog, and this will stay so. I just couldn't hold back, and had to publish my protest.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário