terça-feira, 7 de setembro de 2010

Independência

Today Brasil celebrates its Independance Day. On the 7th. September 1822, the then Emperor Dom Pedro, declared, that Brasil was an independant country. The colonial rulership by Portugal was then ended.

As quite usual in Brasil, my employer decided, that Monday should be work free too. We will compensate for the lost hours, by working a little longer for some weeks. I didn't mind the free day, and went to the boatshed, where I cut the deck openening, where the mast will go through. The openening isn't on its real size yet. It is just a first try, to get a feeling for the mast position, and to facilitate gluing of the reinforcement plywood, with clamps.

Somehow I felt that this was an important step. I'm not sure why...

The picture I took of the mast opening, to see how the "mast" would sit on the keel, reminded me of the Brazilian flag. And that can't be a coincidence, can it?


Nenhum comentário: