This was a busy weekend. João had prepared all cabin deck parts. The cabin entrance, the drivers and the cockpit seat for passengers can already be recognized, on the left hand side. The image above was taken before gluing.Now it was my time to work, and glue all parts into place, so that João could continue, and build the deckhouse. On Saturay I've glued all structural elements into place, to be able to achieve a good bond, using clamps. It was hard and concentrated working. Thankfully we had excellent weather, dry and slightly on the hot side. Therefore I had to work quick, which was very tyring.
I took the time to pre-coat all under sides of the decks and parts with epoxi. This has reduced my finishing effort significantly. It would had been much more work to coat these in epoxi with them already in place, working over my head. Wanting to have two coats of epoxi, I coated them all on Saturday, gave them a second coat today, Sunday, and then I glued them into place. The bond is good. The finish is so-so. But good enough for my purposes.
Um comentário:
interesante, o foward deck não ter um elemento longitudinal central por cimas dos váus/cavernas e por baixo do compensado do deck... (primeira foto)
Interessante a comparação das curvas do Arpex com as curvas da garota da foto... Mão do homem, mão de Deus...
Postar um comentário