sábado, 29 de agosto de 2009

Deck stringers

During the week João has removed the "guides", which had been screwed to the outer sides of the hull to align them. They had some inverted camber in them, which looked crooked. This is now fixed, after gluing the deck structure. He has also fitted the deck stringers which will take the compression from the forestay. They look strong enough.

And today Jonas and I had another day of good, productive work. We managed to glue the rear cabin-deck and the cabin side-panels. We first applied resin, let it penetrate into voids and into the wood, and after some curing, but still sticky, we put on filetting epoxi.
Making all the wooden parts fit perfectly toghether is not easy. It could have been done better, I guess. But it could have been much worse also. In the end, I'm happy with the quality. It is a good compromise, and certainly strong and stout. All is well glued together. And I'm very happy that I hired João. Work is advancing swiftly, which improves motivation. And many things have been executed much butter than if I had made it.

Nenhum comentário: