sábado, 24 de janeiro de 2009

Preparing the Keel

Today I started preparing the keel to be mounted and glued to the hull. First I had to give it a little love from the plane, since the shape given by the boatbuilder was a little crooked. So, I first fixed that, and then coated it with epoxi. Once mounted and glued it will receive one layer of cloth. ... now, that I think about it... maybe it should be two? Just to make it more abrasion resistant? What if I sit up on the beach? Something to think about.

I also sanded the complete hull. After putting the keel, I'll start fairing with thikened epoxi. Thankfully, the hull is pretty fair already. I'll have to decide to what degree of "fairness" I'll want to bring the hull. A question of time and money.


4 comentários:

Thomas Armstrong disse...

peter, this is a beautiful keel!!! take more photos once it's on. well on your way to a proa design career.
thomas

Enter Miles disse...

Thanks Thomas.
I'll get more pictures of the keel next week.
Oh,... let's see about that proa creer thing... I'm flattered, but there are many very talented people working on that. Much more talented than me. For the moment, I'm happy if I get to finish the boat.
Cheers,
Peter

Anônimo disse...

Hey Peter it seems that things are evolving.
Congrats....

Fabio

Enter Miles disse...

Fábio!!!
Tá aonde, meu grande??? Bahia?
Vê se não some!
....
Passo a passo agente chega lá.
Abraços,
Peter