domingo, 4 de janeiro de 2009

New Year Resolutions

My main new year resolution refers to the construction of Arpex. Since I am, for the while, planning on working on the boat myself, I need to put a serious amount of manhours into the project. And since I only have weekends available for that, it means, that I need to wake up early to drive out to the Club and work on the boat...

This first weekend of the year I succeeded only partially. After some heavy partying on Friday until 5 o'clock in the morning, waking up early, ... errr... working .... was a though order.

But I can proudly report, that I did wake up at some point. I did drive out, and yes! I did give my new orbital sander some workout!!! And, I have to say, it was quite a workout for me too. Due to my slightly allergic nature, protective equipment is required for epoxi work. And sanding epoxi, I guess, falls into that category. So, there I went, in full Tyvek armor, in eggbaking, humid heat. It was hot!!! I've sweated bucketsfull. After 2 and a half hours I called it a day. It was quite enough. I managed to sand the side "wings", which need to be laminated in a next step. Short but productive day. Surprisingly, or not, I felt "jolly well" after a cold shower.

A am happy that my sander has a compartment where the dust is collected. This reduces the exposure to epoxi dust. The negative side is, that one does not see how much one works. Just a motivational drawback...

Note below, that I need to improve the protection on my feet... But, having shoes on was just too much for me. I didn't bring them anyway.


It does look slighty ridiculous, doesn't it?... I mean; the suit. I must have received a number of funny looks. But, I couldn't have noticed them. I was busy.

Nenhum comentário: