Got the goo off my boat!I was worried about letting it rest, and maybe dry out during the week. So I woke up early (earlier, I mean - my routine is already early enough) and got the job done. An advantage of having the building site on the way to work.
It was actually less painful than I had anticipated. The goo was pretty fluid, so I just squeegeed most of it off. Then I took epoxy solvent and wiped the rest off with rugs. I then washed the solvent off the surface off, with water. Looked nice and clean to me.
Actually the most time consuming activity was getting the rubber gloves on. The gloves kept rupturing because of the solvent. And I didn’t want to have the solvent on my skin. So I kept on changing the gloves, as they ruptured.
Since I didn’t want to lose the solvent drenched rugs, I packed them together and stuffed them underneath my wood piles, in the box. It heats up nicely in there, and I guess they will dry out nicely until the week end.
Oooops!
Just kidding… enough bonehead moves. Solvent drenched rugs can auto-ignite!
PS: Thanks to all for the hints, on how to get it off.
3 comentários:
Hi Peter
What epoxy solvent do you use?
I winced when you described the mixing mishap. Painful.
Cheers
David
Hi Peter
What epoxy solvent do you use?
I winced when you described the mixing mishap. Painful.
Cheers
David
Hi David,
yes,... the worst part is feeling so terribly dumb... My epoxi supplier tried to comfort me, and said that people do that all the time. All very dumb people I guess... ;-) I'll get over it.
He also recommended me the solvent: "Internacional GTA 137"
It was an easy job - the goo was still very liquid.
Cheers,
Peter
Postar um comentário