sábado, 14 de junho de 2008

Nice portrait of Arpex

A few hull panels still need cutting and adjusting. Then we will glue the sheets on and fair the hull with polyester paste. Only then we will laminate the glass. We have settled for 3 layers. Maybe some points might get 4 layers for reinforcement.


We have also talked about the pod extrusions. Construction will be a challenge. The main lines are clear. But some details need to be worked out. We have, for example tried to figure out where the waterline would be, and how the hull would lay in the water. Quite difficult. On the drive back I've had a few thoughts about it, and think we might extimate the spot. Point of departure must be the center of buoyancy. A horizontal line from there will reveal how the stern and bow might appear... Huhhhh! Scary....

I admit to being a bit concearned about that. I believe the bow might stick out a bit. Which is not too bad, actually. Not at all. If the stern dig in, that would be worse.

Note the line drawn by the red laser line, in the image below, indicating the estimated waterline.

We followed the lines of the designer. I very much hope the buoyancy calculations are 'about right...

Nenhum comentário: