domingo, 21 de junho de 2020

Winter Sailing in Rio with a Cup of Coffee

Had a lovely sailing day, with balmy conditions. Arpex, with a fresh cleaned bottom was a pleasure to sail, with nimble reactions to helm and tacking easily. It took a bit of work, since I had to re-install the mainsail, and put everything back in place. But all was very well worth it. Sails looking good  - despite the feeble breeze I still made 9 knots, during a gust. 

We sailed across the bay, and out, but since time was already advanced, I turned back. And just in time it was, since the tide was running out, and the wind was not enough to push us back inside. I just barely made it, with a little help form my electric engine friend. When I noticed we were starting to go backwards, being flushed out of the bay, I called for his support, just to bring us in. Once back inside the wind shifted, and we still had a few leisurely tracks in flat water, during which I even prepared a cup of coffee for my wife. Nobody will be able to say that I do not care and provide for my crew, and make everything to make her happy aboard. Happy wife, happy captain.






Nenhum comentário: