Lately I have been thinking about maintenance tasks, which are urgently necessary. The start has been made by the sails and rigging. I took the day to remove the sails, sail cover, cabin cover, and internal cushions, main-sheet and jib-sheets, in order to inspect them, and do minor repairs, and wash it all.
Fortunately I found that the sails are in very good order. I will only replace and add telltales, on mainsail and foresail, in order to improve my possibilities for sail adjustments.
Washing the sails was not an easy task, since I have limited room, living in a not overly large apartment. However, with some creativity, lots of time, and a cold beer (or two), I managed to wash and dry the sails on my veranda. I am very happy with the job done.
In parallel I managed to find someone to mend my cabin cover, which had a rip, and produce a new mast-foot cover. I hope to receive this today, so that I can take all back to the boat.





Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário