A sailor might consider these less noble tasks in the construction of a boat. But I enjoy this.
The cabin will have cushions on the bench. So these will need to be covered in fabric. Therefore, I need to choose the fabric. Color, texture, material, price. All matters. And it will have determinant influence on the character and flair of the cabin and the boat as a whole. Not to speak of practical livability. So, I'm giving it some consideration. Taking the opinion of my girl into account, potentially one of the major users of the cabin, is also paramount, of course.
I took a few days off, and am taking these to push the boat closer to launching. One other thing to do is to cover all the external wooden parts in varnish with UV protection. The wood is already coated in epoxi. However, as the epoxi is subject to effects of UV, some UV protection is called for. Between yesterday and today, I managed to put on to coats of varnish. Which is a satisfactory amount of protection, I believe. Besides the practical effects, it looks great. Admitted: I'm such a sucker for varnished wood.
I have also prepared the definitive installation of the pulpit and pushpit. Deck holes are drilled, filled and drilled again. All is fitted and tested. The wiring for the navigation lights is passed. Now I just need to prepare for gluing the holes with Sikaflex to avoid leaks through the decks.
quinta-feira, 18 de julho de 2013
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário