This blogs brings you, exclusively, the next new potential hype in boatbuilding; A film, which reproduces the surface of a golfball. Its pattern of cavities is said to greatly reduce aerodynamic or hydrodynamic drag. The idea is to cover anything subjected to such drag with the slippery skin. In the case of the picture in this post, it was used on a car. But application on boats is also to be advertised.
I'm not authorized to disclose the brandname nor other details.
The product is under development, in the final stages to be presented on the market.
I think it would be interesting to test it on a boat. However, I think a dry kept regatta boat would probabely be the best application. I wonder what the idea would be to prevent fouling of a boat kept in the water.
And I wonder if it works as anti-slide, on deck. And what about the car? Does it consume less gas?
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário