sábado, 25 de junho de 2011

Entrance step

These days I also worked on the entrance step, inside the cabin. The work inside the cabin is quite exhausting, since fitting the pieces is done inside, and working with tools outside of the boat. A couple of times, maybe 30, up into the boat, and then again down to the bench, is a fabulous workout. I can tell from my still sour muscles.
I was happy to have the entrance step-box fitted and fixed properly. It houses the turning blocks for the steering cables, and serves as a step, when enterning the boat. Having it also makes the work inside safer and more comfortable. The neat thing about the box, is that it doesn't need screws or anything alike, to be fixed in place. And it can be dissasembled in no time, to acess the steering cables. The little pulley on the image below, on the floorboards, indicates about where the cables will be positioned.
But enough posting. I have to drive out and get my hands dirty again.

Nenhum comentário: