sábado, 8 de janeiro de 2011

Arpex Floats!!!

The year 2011 started with a surprise for Arpex. The ama was taken to the water to make a float-test, and check where the waterline would come to be. This is important information for me. This data will be needed to build the akas, crossbeams and wooden deck.

Luckily, I can say that it is just perfect. The bow sits about 2-3cm above the waterline, and the stern sits well out too. With half the weight of the deckstructure and equipement, like anchor and chain, weighting on it, it will sit perfectly fine. I was very happy to be able to see, at least a part of the boat, floating in the water. Unfortunately, I did't remind to take a picture with the ama floating clearly free. I was a little tense...

The volume and displacement were not exaclty calculated for the ama. All was made based on the eye, common sense and rough estimations.

Nenhum comentário: