terça-feira, 12 de janeiro de 2010

Rio 40 Graus

I have found my limit. When thermometers hit 40 degrees Celsius I abstain myself from boatbuilding (=104 Fahrenheit). And that's what we are having these days in Rio. Rio de Janeiro is known to have only two seasons; summer and "hell". Currently we are in hell. Due to high humidity the termic sensation is around 50 degrees (=122 F.). That is what the newspapers say,.. and I believe it.
But, I have not been hanging out on the beach. Much too hot for me. I took a cold natural shower up high on the the hills, in the forest. And despite the heat, I did a crucial thing for the project, this last weekend. I have signed the contract for the construction of the ama. The hull should be laminated in about 60 days. We sealed the deal with a ice cold beer.

Nenhum comentário: