Along the last 2 years, this blog has accumulated almost 50'000 visits. By tomorrow we will, most likely, see a big fifty with zeros on the counter. I'm often surprised, when I think about that. And, amusingly, others tell me that they are too. So, at least I'm not alone.The blog's second aniversary, which was in November 2009, has slipped from my attention. So, I'll take this opportunity to thank you all for joining now and then. Knowing that people are around, checking out on the progress of the boat, or just seeking some sort of entertainment, is a great incentive which goes much beyond this blog. It also keeps me going in terms of my boatbuilding. Funny, isn't it? Anyway; I enjoy the exchange and interaction. Your comments are often helpfull and stimulating. Thanks for all that.
And, in case you have wondered; Yes, carnival is approaching again. Those of you who have followed this blog for a while might have noted, that I do enjoy the various aflorations and expressions of this cultural happening. However, this year, I'm afraid, I'm going to be a distant spectator only. I'll concentrate, and focus on my boatbuilding. I'll better do that.
2 comentários:
congratulations on the blog and your progress on arpex. I'm one of the 50 k that peek in from time to time waiting in in anticipation of her launch. Small tris, proas, outriggers, bankas and the like all have a huge appeal to me as does boat building in general.....keep it up you will cherish your hours of toil long after the smell of wood shavings has been replaced by those of salt and the sea.
Yeah, Jason!
Very nicely said.
Thanks,
Peter
Postar um comentário