However, when I think of all things I still have to do, and when I remember accounts from all other boatbuilding blogs that I follow, and all literature that I`ve read about boatbuilding, then I know, that I`m still a fair distance from being done. I`m not sure how far, but the launch date estimation towards the end of April seems to be fading away for good.
Four months only. That means 16 weekends! If I include some days of vacation, holidays…. Could be something between 25 to working days. Considering my average yield in terms of working hours, this could be, more or less, about, 125 to 150 working hours. Maybe achievable, but not realistic. To be honest, I sensed it somewhat unrealistic, and I am, frankly, not really worried about that. It was more like an ambitious target.
I`m saying this, considering that I will outsource the construction of the ama hull (not the decks).
On the other hand, I feel it is realistic to believe, that launching within 2010 is achievable. But it is only a feeling. Trying to put everything down on an activity- and time-plan doesn`t seem to help me much here either, in order to achieve an estimate of when I'll be able to launch my boat. At this point I find it extremely difficult to gauge how long things will take. Despite my by now accumulated experience. Some things come quick together, others slag. A sequence of un-suitable weather conditions weekends can make your timeplane look really dated. Also, the urge to detail things out, or improve the finishing. But never mind. I will get there eventually.
In time I'll find my own way between dreaming about happy sailing in the tropics, experimenting my boat on the water, versus working on the activity plans to get there.
I took the picture on top of this post a couple of days ago, in the small colonial town of Paraty. We spent very relaxing Christmas days there. The picture shows a yacht on anchor, with a beautiful rainbow in the backdrop. It is a clipper bowed schooner. Look closely and you will see that the rainbow paints the yacht in colours.
What would you find at the end of a rainbow? I hope you find lots of it in Year 2010!!!
Click on the picture, to get a nice view from what I dream to find there.

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário