sexta-feira, 18 de dezembro de 2009

The end is near ... the year end...

I'm sitting at home, bored, curing a bad throat and slight fever. Should I twitter that?

... I think not. Actually the twitter bug didn't catch on me. I don't really see the point. Maybe I'm too visual. I like images. And besides, I think I'm busy enough with my bloging anyway.

I did open a twitter account though, to see what it is all about. I guess also to mark territory. But I abandoned it quickly. Every now and then, I'm utterly surprised, and amused, when I receive a message, telling me that another individual with a funny nickname I've never heard before, is following me on twitter. Why the hell would someone do that? Follow some unknown's scraps???

All these tools that are available to us these days through the internet, they do bring some new ways of thinking about information, about privacy. An article in the Wired Magazine heralded the end of privacy the other day. And, if you do step onto the internet once in a while, and most of us do (if you're reading this, anyway), then this is true.

Nenhum comentário: