
The team formed by skipper Carlos Solanilla with Wade Tarzia as crew, has apparently retired from the Everglades Challenge. Due to security issues Carlos has decided to pull the plug from the campain. Both, Carlos and Wade seem to be in good health, and made it to the beach safely.
Before retiring they have crossed the Tampa Bay, sailing on the Parawa built by Carlos, in Miami. The picture was copied from Gary Dieking's Sailing Outrigger Canoes Blog.
This information is not yet official, and I have not confirmed it yet.
I am very curious to hear their report.
Many people from the proa-file discussion forum have been following their campain. Also me. Despite not concluding the race I think they did a fine job and have brought many lights into the proa and outrigger design. They will have lots to contribute in the forum.
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário