sexta-feira, 9 de janeiro de 2015

From outside

Another flight of pictures. I am afraid do become boring with boat pictures on other channels. But here on this blog, I presume, I am free to post the images that I like to look at. And I also presume, that you viewers out there, come here to see them, in the first place. So I will post away. Also because the boat will never look as good as today any more. Sun, salt and use are already working 24 hours per day. ... On the other hand, wear and tear also have their beauty. Ok. But for now I like to look at the brand new boat in the water

These first two images were taken yesterday, when I went to see the boat in the end of the day. I do enjoy the approximation.
The final approach to the boat is made with the dingy. Below you see the dingy, and the boat in the backround. Click on the image to enlarge. When I arrived, we had a very high tide. This is about as high as it ever gets. To reach the boat, I drag the nutshell into the water, and paddle away to cross the short rowing distance to the boat.  I had produced a paddle for the dingy. But I found out, that a double blade kayaking paddle is much more adequate to row the tender. I had an old paddle at home. It belongs to my paddle collection, actually. It was given to me as a gift by a cousin, and it must certainly be more than 50 years old. It is very light, and convenient in every way. You can find it on one of the next pictures.
These pictures below were taken by my sister, Elisa, when she came with her family to visit the boat, last weekend. They came on Aleguá. The boat that my father bought in 1979... I think... The very boat I learned to sail on.

The water was wonderfully clean that day, and I took advantage by using Arpex as the swimming and relaxing platform. The very thing the boat was also built for.









Nenhum comentário: