The main part of the boom, the stick, is now closed and coated in epoxi. The next step is to glue the "fork", which will hold it on to the mast. Very much in the same fashion as the gaff. The difference being that the boom is much longer, with 4 meters, and hollow, so that I can pass the leechline and reefline through it.
A lovely feature of this new boom is, that it is surprisingly light. I dare say, that it weights about 5kg. But I'm not sure. Certainly not more than 6kg... One of these days I'll remember to bring a scale, so that I can give some more precise information.
domingo, 26 de maio de 2013
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
2 comentários:
Vc vai ter que bolar um sistema para retranca não subir, alguma trava no mastro.
Oi Roger,
sim, vou ter que ter um burro. Sabe que eu achava que a geometria da vela seria "self-vanging". Mas pensando melhor acho que estou enganado. O self-vanging so acontece se a retranca ficar na horizontal... Entao, talvez eu nao possa fazer do jeito que queria.
Abracos,
Peter
Postar um comentário