quinta-feira, 30 de maio de 2013

Fork!

The boom fork is now being assembled. It looks very much the same fashion as the gaff. However, the fork is actually glued to the lateral of the actual beam. I think that to improve lateral resistance, and avoid the fork coming off, I will also laminate a layer or two of fiberglass cloth around the section where it all comes together.
By the way: Just as I had estimated, the boom weights 6kg. And that's pretty light, I think.
I have also gotten the weights of the beams and deck. Each beam weights 35kg. That makes 70 for both. The deck panel 17kg. The supporting beams 35-40kg in total, and the lattice wood another 40kg. That makes in total: of 167 kg... Pretty heavy. Adding 150kg for the ama, and about 350 for the main hull, and 50 for the mast. I would have a total of 717 kg. Not a lightweight, but also not a heavyweight. Or is it?

Nenhum comentário: