sábado, 30 de junho de 2012

Blog closed

Originally, this blog had been created as a private space, where I could record the construction of my boat, the tacking outrigger Arpex, and to share progress on construction with my family and friends. It has always been a private space, which I have shared with many known and also unknown friends. And I am very grateful for the many joys, and enormous incentive I have received from known and anonymous contributors during the past few years.

It has also served me as a private, but openly shared diary. A diary which more often than not had a bias towards the more nautical matters of my thoughts and motivations.

With the current hiatus in construction due to my new professional assignments, I´ve just decided to close the blog. I feel is not serving its purpose any more. Construction is temporarily stopped. No progress to report here. And I miss the personal side of the diary function and feel restricted in the use of the blog, since the more nautical side has all but disappeared.

I might re-open it at some later stage. Maybe in weeks or months. But right now, I feel like closing it. I have already reduced the blog´s footprint on search engines. And in a couple of days I will close for public access, restricting to approved access only.

Nenhum comentário: