I'm done with building for now. In the last two weeks I have been able to dedicate a significant amount of time to the construction of Arpex. Having left my company, I was "in between jobs". This concentrated dedication has pushed the project a significant step forward. My objective is to launch in 2012. Much is yet to be done, so I needed to push.
Now I'm on a new job assignment. And this one will take me abroad for a while. As of tomorrow evening, I will be taking the plane to Germany - Frankfurt and Berlin. Other interesting destinations will follow from there. After a period of pretty stationary living in Rio de Janeiro, I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to travel a bit.
Worried with the construction hyatus, which would be a consequence of my absence, I've tried to scheme out a configuration, where I could subcontract portions of work. In preparation, to check out how it would work, I have contracted Valmir to finish the ama. And he has been doing a fine job. Over time we have done lots of talking about what I need to be done on the boat, and how I want it.
My plan was, if everything went right with the ama, to have him work on the main hull during my abesence. But for that to happen, I would have to finish some structural portions of the work myself. This would be mainly to close and laminate the bow, laminate the cabin decks, and thoroughly epoxi coat the cabin. The idea would be to have Valmir prepare the anti-skid pads for the cabin decks, and fair the cabn to make it ready for painting.
And with a considerable effort, I have achieved the required milestones - in the last minute - and have agreed a working scheme with Valmir. He will prepare the decks and cabin in a way, that, when I return, I will finish the rudder and steering, close the rear deck, laminate, and then paint it all over. The ama willl be also ready by then. I'll be very close to launching by then.But still lots of things will be missing: The deck between the hulls, the fittings, the mast, rigging, sails, engine mount.... It will be a race in order to finish in 2012. But it is possible. Lets hope Valmir does his part in the next 3 months. All I will be able to do is watch from the distance. Not a position I like. But I'll try to think of other things too.







Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário