sábado, 11 de fevereiro de 2012

Some days are better than others...

Some days are better than others...

Today, I spent the whole day cutting and choppping and sanding and fussing around. But the job was not a very rewarding one. I had to cut 4 wooden blocks to fit to the struts, which attach the ama to the transversals (akas). When the ama was produced, the struts received an unfortunate chamfer, which these block will do away with. Otherwise, the connecting bolts would have an ill fit. A frustrating job.

On the bright side I can count that Ivan gave me some good advice on how to properly finish my steering mechanism. I still have to cut the axle and fix the "drum".  I'm glad I can build on his experince in mechanical engineering, in this field, where I have got none. His no-nonsense approach is allways welcome.

On the ama front, Valmir has faired both sides of the hull. We are now sorting out some details regarding the    hatches, the struts, the deck finishing, and whatever else little jobs are involved in producing a workable ama. It is not enough to have the bare hull. You've got to work out the detail solutions...
On the picture above you can see the chamfer on the ama struts. Valmir is sanding them, so that the blocks I have produced can be glued on.

Nenhum comentário: