sábado, 19 de novembro de 2011

Still inside

It is amazing how long it is taking me to finish certain things. Sometimes it seems to me, that I'm almost done. But when I sit down, and think I can paint it all over, and call it finished, then I start seeing many other details which need to be done before painting. Usually it is a matter of filleting and glassing on really difficult places, and takes up much time.

Today, I had to fillet and glass the rear side of the rear bulkhead, seen on the picture below. A task quite similar to the one done in the rathole, a short while ago.

And I also gave the built-in "sink" a cover of glass, and a top board, to increase its "freebord". The "sink" can be seen on the picture above, in the lower half of the image. Beware of believing, that I will be washing dishes in this sink. It is rather thought as the preferred space to leave an empty cup, or a used knife, or spoon, until it is washed in a bucket, outside. Or to temporarily dump wet swimming gear, after changing into something dry. The sink will drain outside, via a simple opening, above the waterline. Conveniently this will also drain any water which might ingress through the beam opening.

Above it, is a small cupboard, which is allways a good thing to have. If it weren't for the crossbeam, which will stick into this space, it would actually be quite usable.

Nenhum comentário: