The search for the yacht built as Tritonia, and which later became the first Brazilian school ship called "Cisne Branco" is ongoing. She is proving to be an elusive animal.
I have contacted a great number of people. I have found ex-crew members. I've talked to the Naval School, who kept the yacht after the Navy, and who named it "Albatroz". I have asked experienced big-boat skippers. I wrote e-mails to yacht clubs to find regatta records. I have posted in social networks... But haven't found much.
The only lead I have yet, is from an ex-crew member who states that he
sailed a regatta circuit in Florianópolis in the year 1983, on the yacht
which was still called Albatroz. And famous sailor Lars Grael says he
saw the boat in the same circuit, but in year 1985. I'm not sure whether
the missmatched dates are due to a confusion from one of both, or
whether the boat attended on both years. I hope that regatta records
from the organizing club gives us some clues, and leads to the fate of
the yacht.
What bugs me the most, is that the Naval School doesn't know what happend to their asset. They don't even seem to know until when the yacht was under their guard. At least that is the information I have now.
segunda-feira, 7 de novembro de 2011
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário