sábado, 26 de setembro de 2009

Cabin house shaped

There you go: the cabine house is shaped! And I am pleased with the looks of it.

Now we need to glue on the cabin "roof", or cabin house top, whatever you want to call it. The roof will be built of two layers of 4mm ply with 15mm foam in between, for temperature insulation. When this is done we will cutt in the entrance, or "companionway". We have left this for last, to assure that all pannels are aligned and straight. Not the most clever and efficient way to do it. But it works ... I guess.

I managed to buy a fair stack of cedar plywood for the comming construction steps, and have glued on the missing cabin top stringers. I have also managed to pre-coat the plywood panel which goes on the roof, and the already placed roof stringers. This makes finishing easyier.

Nenhum comentário: