terça-feira, 11 de novembro de 2008

Cheers

I have been thinking about the color sheme for Arpex. This is a reflex of the sudden slowdown of building activities. Last Saturday I've been to the club, the get things moving again. The boat is already at it's building location, but has not yet been removed from the cradle, or trailer. This is going to be done tomorrow - I hope. The box has not yet been cleaned form the trash from the previous owner. I need the Club to do these things before I can think about building again.

I have talked to the first laminators and carpenters who could help me building. We'll talk money next Saturday. Not much else I can do right now.

Well, of course there are tons of other things I could do. Detail mast construction, aka attachment, you name it. But it seems I prefer coloring Arpex ilustrations, to keep motivation up.

This time I have chosen a Cheers theme. Just to see how it would look. And at the same time to make a homage towards Cheers, the famous atlantic proa designed by Dick Newick. Cheers came in 3rd. on the 1968 OSTAR. It has been relaunched recently, by Vincent and Nélie Besin, with the financial help of the French goverment which has declared her a "monument historique". "Cheers" to them!!!

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

This yellow was almost a signature of Dick Newick's designs – not just the proad, Cheers, but his small tris, including the Val, Third Turtle, sailed to victory in the Route Du Rhum by Mike Birch and several others built by Walter Greene. It suits your design very much too!