sábado, 1 de maio de 2021

Maintenance Day - Boom Repair

I made good use of a clouded, mostly windless day, with moderate temperatures, to do some repairs on the mast, and boom end. At the boom, some wood rot had installed. So I cleaned it out, fitted and laminated a new piece of wood, as a scarf. All that I laminated with a new layer of carbon. In the process I have fitted a double block, to be able to better handle the mainsail's outhaul.
Previously I had one friction ring there. HAving both, the outhaul and reefline going through there, added too much friction, to make adjustments during sailing a reasonable possibility. The other end will also be improved, and a reduction will be installed for the outhaul.
whi
I had a spare double block, which fitted nicely, after a bit of adjustment with the saw, and reinforced all with carbon. I was fairly satisfied with the result. The cabin received a bit of cleaning and arranging things. 

Nenhum comentário: