Yesterday, on Saturday I finally came back to Arpex, after almost a month. Domestic commitments and bad weather kept me away. And, really, lots of rain. All the rain got down into the cabin, and as a result some drying out was called for. I pulled out all the cushions onto the deck, to let it dry in the sun.
I am making plans to pull Arpex out of the water to do maintenance and paint the bottom. At that opportunity I will also have to address the water ingress in heavy rain... Not sure where it comes from. But it is no good, and will have to stop.
Meanwhile I tested a netting, which I plan to install on the forward section. Not quite as a trampolin, since the material isn't strong enough to support the weight of a person, but still it will improve the usability, preventing sail and ropes to slip into the water. And, maybe, it might give a bit more safety, since it could help a bit in case someone falls into it. Not that I think that not having the net makes that a great risk, considering my regular day-sailing activity. However, I always thought that for a longer crossing, this might represent a risk, and having some sort of tramp or net would be a good thing. Well, now I have the net, just need to install it.
Later today I might look at the installation. However, before that, I will go sailing. :-)
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário