There is one thing, which I would like to improve on Arpex, and I am not sure how to. It is the main-halyard arrangement. Arpex uses a wharram-style softwing sail, with a short gaff on the top. The halyard goes down from the top, through the gaff, and then through the mainsail sleeve.
the issue with the arrangement, is that there is quite a bit of friction in the system, and hoisting the main can be quite an effort. I usually have to winch the final 2 meters up the mast. And it is not such a big and heavy sail. The problem is the friction. I would love to have an arrangement which makes it a bit less of an effort to hoist the main. .... But I am not sure on haw to do it.
domingo, 25 de agosto de 2019
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)



Um comentário:
Postar um comentário