terça-feira, 3 de julho de 2018

Improvements to Arpex

 After well using Arpex, and discovering its lovely characteristics, I am giving some attention to improvements. These have been actually planned since the beginning. But,... you know, I was eager to get sailing, and decided, that the finer adjustments to liveability and usability cou follow at a later stage. Also, decisions regarding the investment in time and money, would be equipped with better knowledge from actual use.

This strategy has paid out, in my eyes, at least. Arpex is all I ever thought it would be. And it can be much more.

Improving cabin comfort and organization can now be put in practice. Arpex should offer modest camping overnight comforts.Part of that is a small area, where to develop food and beverage. This is what I am producing now.

The anchor will be mounted on a short, almost mid boat mounted bowsprit,.... the chain and rode will be now placed more centrally, and close to the main hull. This will have positive impact on maneuverability and general performance. The use of the anchor will also be facilitated. But,... frankly,... and just between you and me,... Due to the rare use of the anchor, I am considering to  store the anchor inside the cabin. The weight could be placed ideally. Access would still be quick and unobstructed. I could launch it quickly in any direction. Well,... I will see. Important, is that the to be built trampolin will prove a great addition. I have sewed together a real life template, and testing model, using a cheap fabric.

Nenhum comentário: