All those who read this blog regularly know, that I keep my boat tugged in a small bay, under the Sugar Loaf. The bottom of the baylet, has a beautiful, white sandy beach, Urca Beach. It is on this beach that I keep my tender. The trustful nutshel, which brings me to my boat and back. Unless I prefer to use an available boat service, to bring me there and back. The view is phantastic under any circumstance. At any time of the day, the place is a pleasure to the eye and the soul. Blessed by the Christ Statue on the Corcovado Moutain, the sunset quadrant is pure magic at the end of the day. At any time of the day, the Sugar Loaf protects us, and warms our back with its rocky shoulders. I could also point out the Famengo Park, the skyline of the city center, the big Niteroi Bridge, the Channel, Niteroi and all the other bayside.
But the best part is the friendship and camaraderie found in my fellow users of this special place. Together we have created the Associação dos Velejadores da Urca, Urca Sailors Association, aka AVU. The Association is the instrument to organize and solve our internal issues, so that we can all have a good time, and not create any distrubance to others. By taking care of each other we give a significant contribution also to our safety, and that of our equipment.
On the 20th. august 2016, within barely 3 weeks, we will celebrate the first anniversary of our group of friends. We will do it with a commemorative "regatta", a cricuit rather, since we do have members who prefer power proulsion. ... ok. anyway... When we come back we will make a commemorative barbecue, which might just as well extened into a party. It will also celebrate the end of the Olympic games.
This little heaven is located in close proximity to my home. I'm very grateful for having this. And I very much hope, that our multifacetted community can strive and grow togehter for a long time to come.


Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário