Mooring out bears its risks. But sometimes it comes from an unsuspecting direction. A French guy who just arrived, knew no better than mindlessly dropping his anchor in a close spot, without knowing the muddy and slimy ground, and leave the boat alone, for a spin around town. However his anchor dragged, and his boat smashed all around Arpex, causing damage to bows and port sides. Luckily my friend Stefano, on his way to his boat "Maria de Luna", saw it and avoided further damage, by hauling the boat to a nearby mooring. Thanks and praise to him.
Since the happy French sailor was not around, I wrote an unfriedly letter, intending to leave it in his cockpit. But when I was just dropping the letter, he showed up, and heard my unhappy opinion from first person. He also had the opportunity to apologise, which he did. And that was good.

3 comentários:
I hope you did not only apologise! Look at the damage on Arpeggios
Correction: he, he, he. I hope HE did not only apologise ....
Well... An apology was all I expected.
And yesterday he came paddling by, and asked whether he should paint it over. I preferred not. But we made pace and chatted a bit.
Postar um comentário