domingo, 28 de junho de 2015

Preparing for inspection

One part of building a boat is to properly register it. This is a process I have already started, but not yet concluded. In some cases the authorities require an inspection, to check all the required safety equipment, and, I guess, the overall safety of the boat. Since my boat is out of the ordinary, I am a bit anxious at what the inspector might bring up - or not... I don't know. This week, Tuesday, it seems that we're going to receive the visit. So I spent a while bringing all the stuff together and making all things work. It is a necessary and useful exercise anyway. I mean,... the boat must be safe, and have all systems working anyway, doesn't it? Not for the authorities but for me and my crew. So I have been going through the checklist, getting lights on, navigation, top, cabin, but also pumps... I purchased a fog horn, a VHF radio. I had already life vests, flag, a flotation ring with a holmes light, ... marked the boat name on them, ... anchor, compass, tables with channel markings,... did I forget something? All seems to be     
To be quite honest, electrics has never been my strong point. There seems to always be an issue, weak contacts, oxidation, corrosion,... and so on. Therefor I marvel at the lovely lights when they do go on, and function properly. However, for now, the solar panel is not yet feeding the battery. I just topped the battery up, on an external charging unit, to do the inspection thing. I feared that problems could arise. I will fix that later.
 I have also installed the diagonal brace. If you look carefully, you will see the fixing points for the net, which will be installed on the rear, just for safety. In front I will have proper trampolin.
The cabin is a nice place to spend some time. Now even more than before, with open view to the outside and lights when it gets dark.

Nenhum comentário: