sábado, 16 de maio de 2015

Meeting Wakataitea

Last weekend I was so lucky as to meet Hans and Isabelle, from Wakataitea. Having arrived from their last stop in Santa Helena, coming from South Africa, they dropped their anchor in front of Urca Beach. Hans and Isabelle have built their Tiki 46, designed by James Wharram, in New Zealand, in 2009. They have since sailed together through the Pacific and Indian Ocean. You can find their story and lovely pictures on their website: www.wharramsailing.com 

After we met in Urca, I invited them for a tour, and so I had the privilege to introduce them to my town, Rio de Janeiro, and show them around a little bit. Hans who sailed out of Germany 16 years ago, and Isabelle, who also lived on a boat before meeting Hans, are very pleasant company, and have many a story to tell. Their boat, Wakataitea carries a unusual Crab Claw sail. People who read this blog for a while know, that I take a lot of interest in unusual boats, and specially in multihulls with unusual configurations and rigs. Hans carries beautiful carved proa models on his boat too... Due to this, we had an immediate starting point to chat away. 

Nenhum comentário: