We made good use of a local holiday to apply the coppercoating on the main hull. The main challenge was to lift the hull from the cradle, to paint it without gaps. After manhandling the hull from the cradle, we put supports underneath the "wings" to keep the hull hovering above the cradle. It worked out. I suppose it was rather unconventional. And we did take a risk. But in the end the hull was painted with 3 coats of the coppercoat.
Too bad I didn't buy enough of the expensive coppercoating complete the job. The instructions says it requires 4 coats.... So, since I took the money in the hands to apply the coppecoat, I might just as well do it right. So now I got more of the stuff, and we will finish on saturday.
It think it sure looks very nice. Hope it works as good as it looks.
quinta-feira, 24 de abril de 2014
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)

.jpg)


Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário